Ewhurst Parish Council is working in partnership with Ewhurst and Staplecross Village Hall and the Herdman Pavilion to put on regular events for the community. Largely these events will be welcoming people into these spaces for a hot drink and a warm welcome! These events have been started from the original concept of a ‘Warm Hub’. However, Parish Councillors felt that instead of just running a seasonal warm hub it would be much better to run a regular session throughout the year. We have managed to book session up until June 2023 and will be planning some summer session in July and August. All events are fully funded by the Parish Council.
- 27th March – Village Hall 12-2pm for our regular community open spaces event with free tea/coffee, cake and some warm soup!
NEXT CHILDREN FOCUS EVENTS FOR EASTER!!!
We’ve got two really fun events for the young residents of the Parish during the Easter holidays!
- 3rd April 12-2pm at the Village Hall Due to the success of the biscuit baking we’ve invited Barry and his team back for some more biscuit baking. This time with an Easter theme and some Easter card making on the day!!
- 13th April – 1-3pm at the Village Hall This day we are focusing on some indoor gardening… Children will be able to paint a flower pot, pot up some lovely seeds to take home and get messy making seed bombs!
Both days we will be providing a packed lunch for all children attending. Parents and cares will need to stay for the whole session and tea/coffee and biscuits will be provided for you.
We’ve been running these events since January 2023. We’re been building up numbers and have had some very successful events. At the village hall we’ve had a growing crowd of people come in for the sessions. We even had the local PCSO pop ion for a cup of tea and a chat!
The Herdman sessions have been very busy with IT expert Peter coming along to help people out with their IT issues. Many thanks to Peter for giving his time to come and help us out. Last week we had Barry the (not so) Grumpy Cook.
The Parish Council is very keen to have these spaces open for residents to come and meet with other residents but also use the space for other events and for local groups to contact us to see if they wish to run an event at the same time. The Parish Proper Officer will also be at some of the events to discuss key topics within the Parish or be available for residents to come and talk to her about any parish matters. Free tea/coffee, cake and soup with rolls will be made available at the sessions for those who would like them.
Sessions will run at slightly different times depending on the venue and day as outlined below:
- Sessions at the Herdman Pavilion will run on the third Thursday of every month between 10am and midday.
- Monday sessions at the Village Hall will run between midday and 2pm.
- Thursday sessions at the Village Hall will run between 1pm and 3pm.
We are having some child focused events during school holidays. Our first one was Biscuit Baking at the Herdman Pavilion in February half term! We sold out within a week!!
If you are interested in volunteering at any of the events we would love to hear from you! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to speak to you about this.
Full list of Confirmed Dates
Please note that some sessions you will need to book so we can manage numbers. Any children events will require a parent or carer staying with their children. Any attendees helping to run the children events will have DBS checks.
When we can we will be adding in new sessions but any session without any additional notes will be run as the regular community event space for a hot drink and warm welcome!
|09/02/2023||Monday||Village Hall||Parish Precept Discussion|
|16/02/2023||Thursday||Herdman Pavilion||Children Biscuit Baking* Fully Booked|
|02/03/2023||Thursday||Village Hall||Free Cream Tea Event!*|
|16/03/2023||Thursday||Herdman Pavilion||Free Breakfast Butties!!|
|27/03/2023||Monday||Village Hall||Parish Council role in Planning|
|03/04/2023||Monday||Village Hall||Children Biscuit Baking*|
|13/04/2023||Thursday||Village Hall||Children’s Craft Activities*|
|17/04/2023||Monday||Village Hall||Becoming a Parish Councillor|
|01/06/2023||Thursday||Village Hall||Half Term – Children Activities*|
* These sessions do require booking in advance to guarantee we can cater for everyone on the day.