This page has been set up to help direct residents to the right Council and department. Below is a list of matters and where to go to find out information, raise a concern or complain about a matter. If you need additional individual advice or you need support for food or a grant please click here for further information of where you can get help.
Help us Keep Sussex Safe
- Report information on any current incident – please contact Sussex Police online, or call 101 quoting the reference number provided. For details of incidents within our area please click here.
- Report anonymously – contact the independent charity Crime Stoppers, on 0800 555 111, or online here.
- For reporting non-emergencies – Visit the Sussex Police website here, to find easy to use online forms.
- Report anti-social driving and abandoned vehicles – through Operation Crackdown by clicking here to report via their website.
- Report Fraud – through the Action Fraud website by clicking here.
Ewhurst Parish Council (EPC)
All of the below items are managed by the Parish Council. If you have any questions or concerns you can contact the proper Officer on 01580 472052 or email@example.com.
- Parish Assets – The Parish Council owns and maintains the following in the Parish:
- War memorials in Staplecross and Ewhurst green Church
- Bus Shelters
- Benches, Parish Noticeboards, Village Signs and Gates
- Bins including refuse (owed by EPC emptied by RDC), dog bins and grit bins
- St Marks Car Park
- Dog Bins – The Parish Council has recently agreed to take over the management of the bins from April 2022. New bins are being installed and all bins will soon be numbered.
- Herdman Pavilion is managed by the Herdman Management committee more details about this community facility can be found by clicking here.
- Playground and Playing fields
Rother District Council (RDC)
For more information please click onto the links
- Report a missed bin
- Form to Report Flytipping, Dead Animals, Graffiti, Flyposting or Street Cleaning (dog fouling and litter)
- Food Hygiene Complaint
- Lost Dog Registration Form
- Illegal Camping
- Neighbourhood Problems including smoke, noise, light, odur, dust, invasive weeds waste and problem properties
- Report a pest infestation
- Rother District Council
- The Town Hall, Bexhill-on-Sea TN39 3JX
- Phone: 01424 787000
- Fax: 01424 787879
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: Rother District Council contact form
East Sussex Council (ESCC)
If you think the issue is an emergency please contact East Sussex on 0345 60 80 193
- Potholes and Roads
- Public Rights of Way – Including the ESCC Online Map of Rights of Ways
- Drainage and Flooding
- Street Lighting
- Find Your Nearest Recycling Centre
- Vegetation – Including Hedges, Trees, Wildlife Verges and Grass Cutting
- On Street Parking – Find out about parking permits, restrictions, on street parking
- Parking Penalty Notices:
- Apply for a Blue Badge
- Local Libraries
- Bus Travel Details Across East Sussex
- East Sussex Highways
- Phone: 0345 60 80 190
- Highways: roads, pavements and paths – 0345 608 0193 (24 hours a day)
- Online: ESCC Highways Report a Problem Form
- East Sussex County Council
- To view ESCC’s buildings and how to get there please click here
- Phone: 0345 608 0190
- Online Contact Form: Click here to make a general online enquiry
- Library renewals – 0345 608 0195 (automated 24-hour telephone line)
- Library enquiries – 0345 608 0196 (10am to 5pm, Monday to Saturday)
- Adult social care – 0345 608 0191 (8am to 8pm, seven days a week)
- Adult social care – Emergency Duty Service – If an adult urgently needs help between 8pm and 8am, please call 0345 608 0191 and select menu option 2 to connect to our Out of Hours Emergency Service.
- Children and families – 0345 608 0192 (10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday)
- Children’s services – Emergency Duty Service – Call the Emergency Duty Service out of hours on 01273 335 906 or 01273 335 905 from 5pm to 8.30am (after 4.30pm on Fridays) and during the weekends and bank holidays if you have a serious concern about a child’s welfare that cannot wait until the following working day. This out of hours service covers East Sussex and Brighton & Hove.
- Registration service – 0345 608 0198
- Trading Standards – 0345 608 0197
- Buses – 0345 608 0194 (Press 1)
- Waste – 0345 608 0194 (Press 2)
- Switchboard from overseas – +44 (0)1273 336 000